My Blog List

Friday, December 17, 2010

Two paintings sold

Two paintings sold at the Chinook Learning Services Christmas student celebration. Art from classes taken, instrument playing, singing etc are highlighted in the adult student exhibition. The picture above is a water colour painted on site at the Leighton Center just outside of Calgary. I was really happy with it and the day spent with painting friends. It was matted to fit a 11 x 14 frame.

The second picture was a water colour of an Italian scene that I painted from a photo reference taken when I was in Italy. It was a lesson for me as I did not take a picture and now do not have a record of it! Art is all about learning. The photo above was taken indoors as a quick reference. I certainly need to improve my picture taking of art now that I am posting in this blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment