My Blog List

Sunday, March 27, 2011

End of figure unit

Our figure unit ended with me missing the last class (out of town). It was very quick, fast paced and fun. We worked from a model program, magazines and pictures. The work was once again very impressive and some people worked very hard and very large (not me). We drew stick people, 2 minute studies, working our way up to adding "tin man" style figures to full body poses. I unfortunately missed the portrait class! This is a watercolour of a girl in the cold lake. I again painted vibrantly, having difficulty painting with muted colours! I am beginning to think that is a personal trait, as muted colours are not my thing (obviously). This excercise was to get shapes, body, face, hair but not in detail, we were to make a painting not a photograph.



"Cold Water" Water colour on 140lb paper. 5" x 6.5"

No comments:

Post a Comment