My Blog List

Friday, April 22, 2011

Another MRU mural panel (#166)

I was invited to paint another panel for the MRU 100 year celebration mural. This mural and information can be looked at: http://www.mtroyal.ca/100/mural100.htm This panel is not on the website yet. My previous panel is #48 is up on the website. My son's panel (Curtis Oliver) is not showing on the website yet either. I had to work with the base colours and shapes on the panel so it will fit in the final picture. The original panel shows when you click on the individual pictures as well as the write up and fuller view on the website. The completed mural and final picture will be celebrated in September, I can hardly wait!!!


Panel #166  “Transition to University – old logo to new”
The old College logo, new University logo, and 100 year anniversary logo are all celebrated on this panel.
The MRU 100 logo is also a small piece of the university’s history as it represents this historical year. The cougar tracks are across both to represent our mascot and to celebrate the continued journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment