My Blog List

Monday, June 20, 2011

Sunflower still life

This painting was done in oil on birch board in Robert E. Wood's class. It is based on a large painting he brought in to show us that he painted. This one is 12" x 16" and is painted with brushes and a palette knife. This is the first time I have painted with a palette knife and really enjoyed creating the textures. I was inspired enough to start on a large 23 1/2 x 31"  painting of the same picture. Not only is a palette knife new but the larger size is. I will post it later on when it has dried.

This painting was really fun and freeing to do and has a real variety of colours in it! I certainly used a lot of paint!

 12" x 16" oil on birch board
unframed
click on painting for a more detailed view

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I really like this painting. I especially like the textured flowers. Well done.

    ReplyDelete