My Blog List

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Commission - A Dog Portrait of Timi



.
















This commission was a dog portrait of Timi (right) for a Christmas present.I painted a small acrylic picture (upper left) of Timi to get a feel for her face and shape. I enjoyed this small picture in my office and everyone commented that Timi was expressive and looked like a character. I had a lot of fun painting this one as I did not have the pressure of the final product.

The picture (bottom left) is the commission with the original background. The background was not satifactory to the purchaser so I changed the background (below on right).


Now I was not satisfied, so once again I worked on the background and below is the final picture. It is certainly easier to paint for myself than a commission, but it was fun to do and as always, a learning process. The recipients were pleased with their gift.


 
 Acrylic on masonite panel in a 16" x 20" frame - Sold

No comments:

Post a Comment