My Blog List

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Rufus - a pet portrait


Rufus      NFS
11" x 14" Acrylic on board

I asked at work if anyone had a pet photograph that I could paint over the summer. Well the summer was not what I expected and did not get a chance to paint very much. I wanted to paint pictures of pets that I could relate to through their owners, (painting is a heartful experience for me).Rufus was a extremely good protector and friend as well as left the gift of wonderful memories for Sandra and her family.

It was a challenge for me to leave the background white as I love colour so much! In a dark brown frame, I am really happy with the white background. This painting is framed and now hangs in our lunch room at  work. It will be gifted to Sandra when I take it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment