My Blog List

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Joan's Zebras

I am so lucky and grateful to have friends who share their travels with me in photographs I can paint and adapt any way I like. The picture below is my take on a photo Joan took when traveling to Africa with her family recently.

Of course the zebra's are black and white, just not in my painting world! I did not change the placement of the zebras, they were perfect just the way they were, however the stripes are not the same. I don't paint usually with black so the dark stripes have blue, red and brown and the light stripes are a mix of red, orange and yellow. Oh this girl, is having way to much fun!!!


"Joan's Zebras"
10 1/2" x 8 1/2" acrylic on watercolour paper
double matted in a dark wood 18" x 14 1/2" frame

Please check out my  website for paintings for sale.

No comments:

Post a Comment