My Blog List

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Continents Unite


"Continents Unite"
Acrylic on canvas with glass beads
10" x 8"
click on painting for a larger view

I painted this with very thick and thin acrylic paint. It is very textural, with a glass heart and four round glass beads. The different layers were allowed to dry and then a layer of expoxy was laid on top which added to the melted look. The 1/2" sides are also painted with the design continuing over the edge. The bottom right also has some thick paint lifting off the edge looking as if it is dripping off.

I was thrilled when my two kids saw the painting as continents coming together.  It would look great in a black floating frame. This painting was great fun and very freeing, getting away from an "object" to shapes and colour!

This painting can be found for sale on my website: KarenOliversFineArt.com

No comments:

Post a Comment