My Blog List

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Fall Memories - Encaustic Painting #5

"Fall Memories"
16" x 16" on cradled board with 1 1/2" sides
click on picture for a larger view

This painting was done at an FCA encaustic painting workshop with Ken Bourassa. The great thing about a workshop is the variety of art everyone produces. Over the 2 day workshop I did 5 paintings, this one was the last. As you can tell I had fun with textures. As a reference, I used a picture of 3 flowers that had been frozen with the first frost in the fall. The shiny parts reflecting in the painting is gold and bronze paint.

This is a closer view of part of one flower head just to give you an idea of the texture.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Karen this is really cool! So very textural. I feel like touching it. This class sounds like fun. Thanks for showing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete