My Blog List

Monday, July 21, 2014

Canmore Plein Air Painting Day 2


I was set up for my second morning of plein air painting in Canmore, Alberta across from a board walk in town. The sky was very smokey from forest fires and the light was continually changing. I am glad I put the mountain in the background as it was soon not visible. The light green in my painting were shadows in the water that disappeared with the smoke as well. I changed the water to the new non reflective colours that were more a view of the creek bottom.

This is the view of my afternoon painting in progress on my easel with Holly resting after another swim, Debbie to the right and Linda painting sitting in a chair. Again the smokey sky was still with us and was reflected in my finished painting below.

"Smokey Sky"
Oil on board 9" x 9"


The paintings and sketch above were done today. The paintings below are our sum total at the end of Day 2.




No comments:

Post a Comment