My Blog List

Saturday, October 4, 2014

Plein Air Event & Wet Paint Auction Alberta Culture Days


"Autumn at Leighton Centre"
Plein Air (Outdoor on location) Oil on board
9" x 12"


This was painted on a very grey and rainy day at the Leighton Centre during their Plein Air Event and Wet Paint Auction during Alberta Culture Days. I love, love, love this painting! It was rainy then cold most of the day but Debbie and I painted until we couldn't feel our fingers and wet toes anymore.

The challenge was to (speed) paint for 2 hours then pop the paintings into a frame and a live auction would follow. There were about 30 artists but everyone (artists and buyers) were to wet and cold to stay so I am happy to report that I get to enjoy this painting!! This is a first time annual event and Debbie and I agreed that next year is a must.

No comments:

Post a Comment