My Blog List

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Kacie, Keelie and Kalli - a pet portrait



This is a pet portrait that Lavona commissioned (thank you!). I loved their bright collars and the differences in each dog's face. The top painting was just about finished so I asked for input and made a couple of minor changes. They were unsure of the vibrant pink background so I toned it down but still kept some of the pink coming through. It was hard to find a neutral colour (with the dogs all being neutral) without washing them out. The final painting is below.



Kacie, Keelie and Kalli - sold
11" x 14" Acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas with image over the sides and bottom.
#20101015
The response to the gifted painting "... to share with you the bride was so excited with my gift of the dane painting...she had tears in her eyes!  My son too was  thrilled and says.." wow" that looks exactly like her!!"
So grateful for the feedback, thanks Lavona!

No comments:

Post a Comment