My Blog List

Saturday, May 7, 2016

"Snow Ghosts"


"Snow Ghosts"
12" x 12" Oil on board
$175 unframed  #20007516

I painted this in Doug Swinton's class from a photograph. I cropped the photo then Doug showed me how to paint on the photo so I could have the bright snow where I wanted as well as change the foreground with paint until I had what I wanted. The other questions I had to answer about it is: 1. motive/interest: snow covered trees  2. dominant spacial: front  3. center of interest: 2nd tree in on the left  4. dominant value: dark  5. dominant direction of light: from left, shadows go right and 6. dominant temperature: cool

Sometimes working with Doug makes my brain hurt...all those questions, and that was before I could pick up a brush, whew! I read once that a painting is at least 1000 decisions (I wonder when they start counting).

No comments:

Post a Comment