My Blog List

Sunday, June 19, 2016

FCA Calgary En Plein Air Workshop June 2016


This is my painting that I was working on in an en plein aire workshop (outdoors, on location) during the Calgary Federation of Canadian Artist en plein air June workshop. As we stood on the edge of a path along the river in Canmore Alberta, Terry Miura painted a demo explaining his shapes, colour choices and colour mixing, it was like watching magic happen. It was an overcast day with bit of sun coming through. We were all busy with our own paintings while Terry walked to each participant answering questions and making suggestions.

The day finished abruptly with a huge gust of wind that knocked my palette over and sent my painting tumbling away...no doubt it is a plein air painting with the extra dust, rocks and tumbling marks! With the heavy wind and rain just beginning we hastily packed up and ended the successful workshop. With mixed feelings it was the last workshop Tami and I are organizing for the Calgary Chapter of the FCA. I am looking forward to taking workshops with Caran and Sheila as the new organizers.

No comments:

Post a Comment