My Blog List

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Holiday sketches

I did not realize that I had not posted this one, it went into the "Draft", so I am going a little back in time with this one.

We are now in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico and enjoying all the art and culture as well as a very physical walking holiday. Our friends from Portland Oregon (Rylla and Brian) have joined us. Brian has written and wonderful book called "How Hammershod Got His Name" and is orally reading 3 chapters a day (more if we can convince him to). I am really enjoying this story that he wrote for his nephews and nieces. It reminds me of reading the Harry Potter series to my kids.

While Brian is reading, I have been sketching in my book of what is in front of me (no thinking required while I am listening). The very bottom sketch was done of the glass coffee table in front of me while Brian read aloud. The top two sketches were done on site (1. Guanajuato and 2. my suitcase while we waiting to board the bus from Guanajuato to San Miguel de Allende).




No comments:

Post a Comment