My Blog List

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Sketching on flight #2 home - part 2


I had brought my sketch book, ink pens, water colour paint and pencils to challenge myself to try to do 30 sketches during this holiday to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I surpassed my goal and drew 44 sketches in part by joining up with the Urban Sketchers San Miguel de Allende and sketching with the group weekly. It inspired me to sketch just about every day and on some days, multiple sketches. I will finish this sketch book then move on to a couple I made in Mexico with water colour paper (thanks for showing me how and where Judy!).


This sketch was challenging in that it was done in one continuous line in ink. We were on our last flight home (Houston to Calgary) after a holiday to San Miguel de Allende, Mexico. I was sitting in a middle seat so my physical space was limited. I decided to draw from a photo on my phone of a market place booth. Drawing with the planes vibration was already shaky so it did not matter.


This sketch is of another cute napkin I was given. My views were very limited therefore so was my subject matter. With the lack of elbow room, I did not attempt to colour either of these in.

No comments:

Post a Comment