My Blog List

Friday, July 14, 2017

High Water

"High Water"
Pastel  8.5" x 10"  Matted in wood frame
#20014717
 I entered this painting under "Pastel" in The Armstrong SpallumcheenArt Gallery 29th Annual Ribbon Show running from July 6 until August 5 2017

I was painting this while on flood watch in Sicamous B.C. It is an abstract that contains the logs I was using as a boom, our house and the water forever creeping forward and covering land; nature against manipulated nature.

This painting is my last entry into the show. The Eagle Valley Brush and Palette Club are on a road trip to see the show, out for lunch then a talk on how they jury the show and the criteria they use. A stop in Enderby to visit the gallery there, then home, what fun and laughter ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment