My Blog List

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Alberta Fall and Dinner Time

"Alberta Fall"
8" x 10" Oil on canvas board
#20101117A
"Dinner Time"   10" x 8" Oil on canvas board       #20101117B
I started taking a weekly group art class with Doug Swinton. We work on what we want and he walks around and helps as needed. I usually like to go in with a painting at least half done but did not have anything ready or photos of what I wanted to do. After asking what I wanted to paint, "Buildings" I said. He produced two photo references and away I went. The photos were really busy and complicated. The lesson here was to pare and chop the reference into something meaningful and interesting. His vast knowledge and very humorous way of teaching keeps everyone in the class entertained and progressing in their art journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment