My Blog List

Friday, February 16, 2018

The Best Fashion Show - #1 in Fifty's Fashion Series

"The best fashion show is definitely on the street. Always has been and always will be." - Bill Cunningham

This is the first painting I have done in my Fifty's Fashion Series. This series has been on my mind for quite a while but was still sorting out how I wanted to make it look. I was taking a break from oil painting landscapes so to really shake things up I dug out my acrylic paints and just decided to have fun and see where I went. My inspiration came from photos on free stock picture websites of real people documented in the 1950 - 1960's.

Bill's quote provided the perfect direction to go.

This painting has been juried into the Calgary Chapter Federation Of Canadian Artists show on March 3 in Calgary (see invite below, love to see you there).


"The Best Fashion Show"
 #1 in The Best Fashion Show Series
10" x 8"  Acrylic on cradled wood board with 1 1/2" painted sides
#20016218


No comments:

Post a Comment